Friday, December 12, 2008

Baby Bok Choy with Garlic

I found this recipe here. Ignore the nutrition facts on the side. Definitely nowhere near correct.

Pretty easy side dish. The bok choy I’ve used is pretty tightly bound, so wash it really thoroughly because there is sometimes a lot of dirt stuck down in there.

Ingredients

-1/8 cup unsalted butter
-5 teas minced garlic
-12-14 baby bok choy (I think the one's we got were no so baby bok choy. They were like small heads of lettuce and I'm not sure how normal that is. I only used two and it was enough for three people. Maybe it was pre-pubescent)
-1.5 cups chicken broth

Directions

Melt butter in heavy large skillet over mod heat

Add minced garlic and saute about 2-3 mins until barely golden brown

Add bok choy and chicken broth and simmer until bok choy is tender, turning occasionally, about 8 mins

Season with salt and pepper

Simple as that! I’ve served it alone as a side, and I’ve cooked it like this and stuck in some quinoa (of course) with some other veggies.

No comments: