Oh soup season.
You were so desperately missed.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 to 6 large shallots, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces ground white turkey meat, broken into small chunks
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence (yeah, idk, I just threw a bunch of herbs in there. Oregano, savory, thyme)
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth, plus more as needed (I used about a cup more)
- One 15-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice, drained
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (I used one bag of that Trader Joe's frozen rice stuff)
- 1 small bunch kale, coarsely chopped (about 4 packed cups)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, optional