Saturday, March 10, 2012

Slow Cooker Bacon-Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken

Part 2 of my epic cheat meal, served along side roasted grape, goat cheese and honey stuffed sweet potatoes. The title of this one was just....yes. Bless you, Pinterest.



  • 3-4 boneless chicken breasts (I used 2 giant ones)
  • 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
  • 1-2 apples, peeled and grated (I used 2)
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 6-8 slices bacon
Directions:
1. In small bowl, combine BBQ sauce with grated apple and lemon juice.
2. Wrap 2 pieces of bacon around each chicken breast. Place chicken breasts in base of crock pot, pour BBQ/apple mixture over the chicken.  Set to low and cook for 8 hours.



It doesn't specify which type of apple you're supposed to use! I went with fuji. It's pretty much the only red apple I'm familiar with, and it didnt really seem like a green apple would go with this. Because I would know...


The prep? Took about 3 mins. SO easy, and SO amazing. The chicken could have been cut with a fork. I love my crockpot! Throw crap in it in the morning and dinner is ready when you come back from doing laundry at your parents being out all day! Maybe one apple would have been plenty, as there was a ton of juice. I have no regrets, though. I have a feeling this will make another appearance. 


(It doesnt LOOK that appetizing, I know! I swear it tastes 1000x better than the turd it looks like in the pic!)


(recipe)

No comments: