Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Protein Pancakes

I found this recipe on Dashing Dish (also her pic).


This is another recipe that I thought I'd give a whirl to take camping. I'm so not opposed to snacking on cold pancakes. I was drawn to these because they have protein powder and oatmeal in them. No flour or bad stuff!

p copy


  • 1 scoop protein powder ( I used vanilla)
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon (or 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice + 1/4 tsp cinnamon)
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/2 cup oats (I might add a touch more next time to try to thicken them up a bit)
  • 1/2 cup + 2tbs water
  • 3-5 packets stevia (or 1/2-1 tbs sweetener of choice) (I used one packet of Splenda, but it didn't need it. I would omit this entirely next time. Might have been too much because I used flavored protein)

Method:

  1. Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth!
  2. Meanwhile, heat a nonstick griddle (or large nonstick skillet) coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto griddle. Turn pancakes over when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Serve warm!

My pancakes turned out a lot thinner than hers in that picture, for some reason. The first two were a little mushy inside, so I turned the heat down to a little below med. I think next time I'll leave out the sweetener and maybe add a little more pumpkin pie spice on top of the cinnamon. Overall, these are definitely a keeper, though.

No comments: