I loved how portable these were. Just pop them out of the muffin tin, and you can grab a few at your leisure. Perfect.
I served it with cauliflower mash, for a solid plate of grub.
- 10 ounce ground sirloin
- 5 ounces lean ground lamb
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated red onion
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 ounces reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1 1/2 cups (1/4-inch-thick) diagonally sliced seeded peeled cucumber
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon mint, 1 tablespoon thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, allspice, and next 3 ingredients (through egg). Press meat mixture into 8 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 7 minutes. Turn broiler to high; broil 3 minutes.
- 3. Combine yogurt, feta, 1 tablespoon juice, 1 teaspoon mint, and 1 teaspoon thyme in a mini food processor; pulse 10 times to combine.
- 4. Combine 1 tablespoon juice, oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a bowl; stir. Add arugula and cucumber; toss.