Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Baked Asparagus Fries

Adapted from Spoon Fork Bacon.

Time for a little catch up!

I made raspberry chipotle chicken and these baked asparagus fries, tonight. LeGreg is out of town, and I almost feel guilty when I pull off a good recipe and he's not here. When we're together, he cooks prrrrrobably 9 times out of 10. And my one time has a 30% chance of being horrible.

THIS WAS THE OTHER 70%.

These fries were SO GOOD. Totally worth the super gummy fingers that the different steps require.

I even INVENTED a dip for them!! The linked recipe has a few dip options, but I have approximately almost nothing in my fridge...so....

Fries:
1/2 cup almond flour
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 lb asparagus, ends trimmed and cut in half
3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
salt and pepper to taste
cooking spray

Sauce:
1/2 cup of plain yogurt
2 cloves of chopped up garlic
few sprigs of fresh thyme 
a sprig of fresh oregeno
gentle squeeze of half a lemon (like...I didn't try to get alllll the juice out?)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place almonds and panko in a food processor and pulse until the almonds are finely ground and well mixed. Pour mixture into a shallow dish.
3. Dredge cut asparagus spears in flour and shake off excess (not much flour will stick to the waxy spears, but that’s okay).
4. Dip each spear into the egg wash followed by the panko mixture. Cover each spear in the panko mixture until fully coated. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Place coated spears onto a parchment lined baking sheet and spray with a light coating of cooking spray. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp and lightly
browned. Season with salt and pepper.

Sauce:
Chop it all up and mix it all together. 



BOOM. 

Ok I got pretty new plates but my pictures still blow. So...meh....

No comments: