What we have here, is a game changer.
A healthy cookie dough dip that REALLY tastes like cookie dough.
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained) (250g)
- 1/8 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt (maybe a TINY bit more? MAYBE 1/4 tsp?)
- tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup nut butter (You can get away with using only 3 T. If you use peanut butter, it’ll have a very-slight “pb cookie dough” taste, so if you don’t want this, you can sub oil.)(I used almond oil)
- up to 1/4 cup milk of choice (Start with 1 T, and add more as needed) (I used 1/4 cup almond milk)
- Sweetener (see note below, for amount) (her note says that she used 2/3 cup of brown sugar, so I followed suit)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (I used 1/2 cup. Let's be honest.)
- 2 to 3 T oats (or flaxmeal) (You can omit, but also omit the milk if you do) (I used the flax seed, 2 T)
We used pretzels and wafer cookies as vessels to shove this in our faces. It was REALLY good. There is a decent amount of sugar in it, but not too bad. And garbanzo beans?! Are you kidding me? Brills! Chocolate Covered Katie has a snickerdoodle version, too...will probably need to check that out immediately.
Edit: LeGreg's mom brought this to a work potluck. Everyone gobbled it up and refused to believe her when she finally told them what was in it. They made her show them the recipe. Also, Nic brought this to her moms house. Her stepbrothers who, I'm not even slightly joking, eat almost NOTHING except cheese pizza, went to town on this. I don't think she ever told them what was in it. Why ruin a good thing, right?