Monday, November 21, 2011

Cranberry Sauce

I made this cranberry sauce last year for Thanksgiving and it was LEGIT. I went to look up the recipe to make it again this year and apparently I didn't blog about it?!?! What the WHAT?! Sometimes I fail myself.

Ingredients

  • 12 ounces cranberries
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup orange juice

Directions

In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in the orange juice. Stir in the cranberries and cook until the cranberries start to pop (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat and place sauce in a bowl. Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools.  
 
I mean...seriously? Does it GET easier than that?! No. No it does not. I'm far from opposed to can-shaped cranberry jello, but this one takes the cake. And sounds fancy. You could be all "Oh, this? It's homemade cranberry sauce. I made it at home and it's fancy", when it actually only took you 3 ingredients and 10 mins. I doubled the recipe last time and it made a TON. We had....12 people? -ish? I probably didn't need to double it, but the leftovers were great on...everything. All the things. 

No comments: