Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Feta and Sun-Dried Tomato Dip

Real Simple had a page of super easy dips in their July 2011 issue, and this was in there. Real Simple? Easily one of the best mags ever. Thank God LeGreg's mom subscribes so I can scour every issue and take notes. 

Ingredients

  • 4 ounces crumbled Feta
  • 1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil (next time I'm just going to use the oil from the tomatoes)
  • 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained (I got the herby kind from Trader Joe's)
  • kosher salt and black pepper
  • pretzel crisps, for serving (or whatever. I used some other crack type thing)

Directions

  1. In a medium bowl, mash together the Feta, yogurt, and oil until mostly smooth. Mix in the sun-dried tomatoes and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Serve with the pretzel crisps. 

Dudes. After chopping up the tomatoes (could prob use a food processor if you're fancy and have one), this took like 8 secs to make. It was SUPER tasty and I will fo sho be busting it out again. Not too often for myself, with the whole lactose intolerance thingy, but it might end up being my signature "bring an appetizer" thing. I haven't tried any other dips yet from that feature, but I'm definitely gonna. Woot!

(Pic from the Real Simple site, by Tom Schierlitz)

No comments: