Throw a bunch of crap in a pot and cook.
You can kinda customize it, too. Add a bunch more herbs, if you want.
It turns out oddly creamy. I think from keeping the starches in the water from the noodles.
- 12 ounces linguine
- 12 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 1 onion, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2- 3/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs basil, plus torn leaves for garnish
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 1/2 cups water
- Lots of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving