Friday, December 7, 2012

Southwestern Cheeseball

Picture and recipe from Taste and Tell.

I wanted to bring something snacky to Thanksgiving, so I opted for....MY FIRST CHEESEBALL!

Who doesn't love balls of cheese, right?


Ingredients
  • 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
  • 1/4 cup finely diced onion
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles
  • chopped cilantro (I used chives)
  • crackers, for serving
Instructions

  • In a medium bowl, combine the cheddar, cream cheese, butter, onion, garlic powder and green chile. Mix completely.
  • Turn out onto a piece of plastic wrap. Form into a ball and wrap tightly. Refrigerate until set up, 2 hours to overnight.
  • Place chopped cilantro on a plate. Unwrap cheeseball and roll in the cilantro until coated. Serve with crackers.

I'm not huge on cilantro, and a friend suggested chives. Good choice! Loved them. This turned out pretty tasty, but it could have used a liiiiiittle bit more of a bite. I'm not sure what exactly I would add, but I will probably play with it a bit, next time.

Southwestern Cheeseball | www.tasteandtellblog.com

No comments: